Friday, March 12, 2010

Today's the day

I'm supposed to be at UCSF at 6am for 7:30 TURBT.   If last time was typical that would mean we'll actually start around 9 which would still mean I'll be out of surgery before 10am and probably done with all the mitomycin (chemo) before noon.   Last time they kept me for another hour after that to make sure I was all good before sending me home.

The funny thing is that I remember the ~2 hours in the recovery room pretty well, but I have no recollection whatsoever of getting dressed and going home (I do remember Jeanne calling for a cab).  I'm pretty sure I didn't come home dressed in the hospital gown so I guess I must have gotten dressed at some point...

I'll see if I can get an update to here in the afternoon, but no worries if there's no update till the evening - who knows if they'll let me use my Blackberry in the recovery room...

No comments: