Just got a call from the UCSF Urological Oncology department. Seems my doctor is leaving them and moving to Minneapolis.
I guess it's not cold enough for him here?
Luckily it's a very large group so I just have to pick a new doctor. I hope not to need surgery again, but still with the number of cyctoscopies I expect to have (4/year for 2 years then 2/year for three at least till they invent a less invasive and reliable method to replace it) I'd like someone I'm going to feel comfortable with.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Need a new doc!
Posted by
Asya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Indeed you do want to be comfortable with the person, and they need to have good technique, too! My doc and I usually talk about sports...
Hi Asya,
I was also a pt. of Dr. Konety at UCSF. He did my cystectomy in June. I will be seeing Dr. Green who is highly recommened by not only Dr K., but my local uro. Good luck to you with whoever you pick.
Thanks for the note, Anon! My appointment is actually on Monday (2 days!) and I have a good feeling about it... I plan on being declared over 3 months cancer-free...
Oh, I'm seeing Dr. Green as well!
Asya, My appt. with Dr. Green is one week from Monday! Congratulations on three months cancer free, that is great!
Post a Comment