Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pathology reports are back

I called the office last night (my time) and by the time they called back I was asleep (here in Europe) and they left me a voice mail.

Figuring they wouldn't have left a *voice mail* if it was bad news, I worked up the nerve this morning and listened to it. 

The pathology report said that every biopsy sample they looked at/took showed up the same: low grade papillary tumors, which the nurse reminded me is the superficial, slow growing, non-invasive kind.

She added that this was very good news, and the doctor was very pleased with that and that all I needed to do was make an appointment for three months from now for a follow-up /check-up/cystoscopy.  She did say that if I want to sit down with the doctor to go over the pathology report (which I do, d'oh) I can come in (I'm going to keep my May 13th appt for that).

So, in summary, this is best possible news this far. If I have no recurrence, then all I'm in for is frequent but eventually dropping to annual checkups.

Yay.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news!! Made my night :-)

Steve Kelley said...

Excellent news!

Over time there is a decent chance of recurrence, but highly unlikely to ever be worse treatment than what you had before jetting off to Europe!

You make all the boys in my club look like a bunch of whiny babies. Congrats on the great news!!!

Paul Traina said...

Good job, time to celebrate with even more dim sum! :-*

Michael said...

Glad to hear!

A Dived Ref said...

Great news, well done. As one of Steve's wimp acquaintances :-) I can tell you that your post treatment sojourn was over and above the call of duty.

Very pleased for you.

Jean Watson said...

Most excellent. Congratulations!

tanya manyak said...

Dear Asya,
Great news. Thanks for the updates. All of us in the office were following your progress and keeping our fingers crossed. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Tanya Manyak

Tauralaura said...

I am so happy to hear that!