No big deal, but after my last recurrence and TURBT in March I had much harder time with healing than last year. Part of it was that this time they used different chemo drug post-surgery (mitomycin C) and my bladder did *not* like it at all. I had also had a mild bladder infection that I either re-caught after surgery or maybe it didn't go away completely before, in any case for months since March I was between "uncomfortable" and "in pain".
So mid-June I had my next 3-months cystoscopy and we saw that the removed tumor sites are not fully healed and also that I had one small recurrence in another area. So here I am back for what my surgeon called "about five minutes" of actual surgery time.
She'll remove the recurrence and clean up the poor traumatized burnt-by-chemo scabs and I'll be home later this afternoon. This time the plan is to totally take it easy (even though this one will be the shortest of my three TURBTs). No chemo instillation this time so that means no irritating my poor bladder lining for minimal decrease in chances of recurrence and no painful side effects.
I might post an update later this evening or (more likely) tomorrow if I stick to my take-it-easy plan to ease recovery which involves sleeping the rest of the day off after they discharge me.
1 comment:
heal quickly!
Post a Comment